ZONING DISTRICT ESTABLISHMENT
10.1 Establishment of Zoning Districts
10.2 Filing of Code and Map
10.3 Rules for Locating Boundaries
10.4 Authorized Uses Within Districts are Plenary
10.5 Zoning at Time of Annexation
10.1 ESTABLISHMENT OF ZONING DISTRICTS.
(1) For the purposes of this Code the territory of Town of Rush Valley Vernon which has adopted this Code is divided into one or more of the following listed zoning districts as shown on the attached ed zoning maps.
Agriculture District A-40 A-40 (Chapter 11) Agriculture District A-I 0 A-I 0 (Chapter II) Rural Residential District RR-5 (Chapter II) Neighborhood Commercial District C-N (Chapter 12) Light Manufacturing and Distribution District M-D (Chapter 12)
10.2 FILING OF CODE AND MAP.
(1) This Code and map or maps shall be filed in the custody of the City Recorder of Town of Rush Valley and may be examined by the public subject to the reasonable regulations established by said City Recorder.
10.3 RULES FOR LOCATING BOUNDARIES.
(1) Where uncertainty exists as to the boundary of any district, the following rules shall apply:
(a) Wherever the district boundary is indicated as being approximately upon the centerline of a street, alley, or block, or along a property line, then, unless otherwise definitely indicated on the map, the centerline of such street, alley, block, or such property line shall be construed to be the boundary of such district.
(b) Whenever such boundary line of such district is indicated as being approximately at the line of any river, irrigation canal or other waterway, or railroad right-of-way, or public park or other public land, or any section line, then in such case the center of such river or stream, canal or waterway, or of such railroad right-of-way, or the boundary line of such public land or such section line shall be deemed to be the boundary of such district.
(c) Where such district boundary lines cannot be determined by the above rules, their location may be found by the use of the scale appearing upon the map.
(d) Where the application of the above rules does not clarify the district boundary location, the Planning Commission shall interpret the map.
10.4 AUTHORIZED USES WITHIN DISTRICTS ARE PLENARY.
(1) The uses of land allowed in each district shall be plenary and uses of land not specifically allowed as set forth therein shall be prohibited in the respective district.
10.5 ZONING AT TIME OF ANNEXATION.
(1) The Town Council upon recommendation of the Planning Commission may assign a zoning designation to territory annexed to Town of Rush Valley at the time the territory is annexed.
(2) If Town of Rush Valley’s zoning ordinance does not designate a zone for the territory to be annexed to the Town, or if the Town Council does not assign a zone to territory at the time it is annexed, the territory annexed shall be zoned according to the zone with which it has the longest common boundary.